Thursday, March 16, 2006

Red Steel

In honor of Saint Patty's Day, I dyed my hair red like a true Irishman. Not that I'm a true Irishman, I'm just emmulating one. I am in fact proudly Danish, and am considering making a shirt saying “Kiss me, I’m Danish.” Alternatively a less polite version, but perhaps more comical, would read “Eat me, I’m Danish.”

Back to the story at hand. My hair was approaching Wolverine mass once again so I thought I’d use my day off to get it cut. With my handy-dandy coupon the haircut was free and I noticed that a hair coloring was 10 dollars off. I had attempted black hair with a red tint last year and failed, so thought I’d let some professionals have a whack at it. This was the result. I’m fine with it, and like it even, but am not sure if BYU will feel the same way. Luckily I have a test tomorrow so won’t have to ponder over this for too long.

On the plus side, Myheritage.com, which I am still spending more time than I should on (ie I spend time on it at all) is now giving me considerably fewer female matches. I had previously been a bit concerned that I matched with female celebrities as often, and sometimes more often, than male. But my Irish hair matches me 74% with Heath Ledger, 70% with Mark Wahlberg, as well as linking me with David Schwimmer and Colin Farrell on several pictures. This particular picture is an attempt at Ben Stiller's famed Blue Steel. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not bad, Chris, but I think I like your natural color or the black better. Travis was shocked, but he thinks it's weird that women dye their hair. I don't know where that comes from since his mother dyes hers, but he's always been a bit of a mystery. We're all dying to hear what the testing center had to say.