So I was posting more than a post a day last week. Weird huh? Man do I hate studying. And it looks like I’ll be doing it for another 4 weeks. We’ll see. In any case, if you were thinking of renting a superhero movie this weekend I’ve ranked them for your convenience.
1. Spiderman 2 - You knew Spiderman would claim the number 1 prize.
2. Bagman Begins – A solid film, regardless of its genre.
3. X-Men 2 – Nightcrawler and Colossus. That’s all you need.
4. Iron Man – Probably a better movie than X-Men 2, but lacking Nightcrawler.
5. Spiderman 1 – A solid choice.
6. Batman – Very iconic. It’s aged a bit, but still good.
7. Spiderman 3 – Wouldn’t make most top 10s, but I’m a longtime fan.
8. Batman Returns – So weird it’s great. Plus Catwoman’s outfit.
9. Constantine – You’ve never seen it, but it’s great.
10. Hellboy – You’ve also never seen it, but it’s great, and the sequel is coming out.
11. Batman: Mask of the Phantasm – A great Batman rendition. Quite overlooked.
12. X-Men 1 – Kind of cheesy, but fun.
13. Blade 2 – Del Toro’s actually a pretty good director, so check this one out.
14. X-Men 3 – Not great, but it has some sweet action.
15. Hulk – People hate on it, but I didn’t think it was too bad.
16. Batman (Adam West style) – This is great to MST3000 to.
17. Spawn – Very 90s, but the effects are pretty nice.
18. Superman 2 – I hate Superman, but this is his best movie.
19. Blade – With low expectations it’s a fun romp.
20. Superman Returns – Lex is great. Just make a Lex Luthor movie.
21. Batman Forever – Watchable, but just barely.
22. Daredevil – Would’ve been fine with better villains.
23. Elektra – It’s got Jennifer Garner in leather. But that’s it.
24. Blade 3 – Jessica Biel in leather, that’s it.
25. Punisher – Silly, but with a couple sweet scenes.
26. Superman 1 – Some iconic moments, but generally boring.
27. Ghost Rider – Forgettable.
28. Batman and Robin – So bad.
29. Catwoman – Even worse. Though, you can laugh through parts.
30. Supergirl – A remember thinking it was dumb when I was 8. A bad sign.
31. Superman 3 – A hero I hate in a bad movie.
32. Superman 4 – A hero I hate in a bad preachy movie.
33. Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer – Haven’t scene it.
34. Fantastic Four – Won’t see it.
I'm expecting the Dark Knight to crack the top 5 and the new Hulk to be in the top 15. I'll keep you informed.
I’ve left off some great movies that are based on comic books, but not about superheroes. Those include, though aren’t limited to: 300, Sin City, V for Vendetta, A History of Violence, Persepolis, Ghost World, TMNT, 30 Days of Night, The Crow and Road to Perdition. Ok, some of those aren’t very great.