Thursday, January 26, 2006

The day before I'm in love

Oh Thursday, blessed above all other days. I’m not trying to be blasphemous, it’s just that I don’t have any classes on Thursday. This is really excellent placement because it makes every week a 3 day week, plus that pesky Friday. The only problem with my wonderful day off is going to work. I suppose I should describe my job for those of you who aren’t in the know.

I am currently working at the BYU Dry Cleaners. This isn’t exactly my dream job, and in fact I probably won’t even put it on my resume. Basically it’s the only thing that would fit into my schedule. But this job does meet many of my temporary job qualifications. For a relatively easy job the pay is pretty decent. I don’t have to talk to any customers, but do have plenty of opportunity to talk to coworkers. I can show up pretty late (or early, as I’ve done a couple times for some extra bucks) and no one seems to know or care. Evidently it’s nigh unto impossible to get fired (not that I usually have a problem in that area.) I even get to listen to my iPod all during work. Plus I get free hangers! That saves me at least a dollar a semester. I spend a couple hours a day working the machinery, removing spots from clothes and delivering them around Provo. Admittedly the job is pretty mindless, but this allows me a couple hours a day to think about what I should write next for fiction writing.

I watched a new Lost episode for the first time last night. I watched the first season and a half in China on DVD or downloaded from Bit Torrent. I’ve been meaning to watch the new episodes on TV, but am out of the habit of actually sitting down to watch specific things on TV. So this was the first week where I both remembered and had time to watch it. Sadly it wasn’t my favorite episode. I recommend the show to most anyone, but last night’s wasn’t very good in my opinion. There was a bit of interesting religious symbolism with Charlie, but overall it was a slow, depressing jumble. Hopefully I remember to watch next week, and it’s more interesting.

Current music: Head Automatica, “Bleeding Heart Baby” and “Brooklyn is Burning”
Current movie: Rahxephon

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree. Last night's LOST was laaaaaaaaaaame.

Anonymous said...

Your job does seem ideal. When you deliver, what do you get to drive?

Anonymous said...

I'm with you on Lost. I too am out of the habit of watching Lost. Last season I opted for Martha's Apprentice instead, so now I know there's something that I want to watch on Wednesday nights but sometimes can't remember what it is. Yeah, I've seen better. Don't get me wrong, I like Charlie, but it was a little too Charlie. I like Mr. Echo though. And I do NOT like this little thing going on with Jack and the outcast girl. Next week doesn't look too much better. I'm so sick of Locke and his weird little habits.