Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time Sensitive! But not urgent.

I'm throwing an Ice Cream tasting party on Friday. Last year I threw a bar-hopping event, only going from ice cream parlor to parlor. This year everyone's bringing their favorite flavor of ice cream to my house and we'll sample each other's wares.

I need suggestions for a palate cleanser. I'd like something for people to eat between ice creams. The only palate cleanser I've ever had is sherbet, which obviously isn't a good choice for an ice cream tasting.

Thoughts so far:

Sour drink (lemonade, grapefruit juice)
Something salty (Saltines, Triscuits)
Vegetable tray (carrots, celery)
Just water

Any suggestions?

5 comments:

peetie said...

Nilla wafers or graham crackers seem like the obvious choice.

L said...

uuh. pickled ginger, naturally.

Ranteumptom said...

Nilla and graham certainly are tasty, but I'm not sure if they're cleansing.

Texas has ruined you L. The laws of sushi rarely interact well with other cuisine. Though I admit, I'd considered wasabi peanuts. It will certainly clean out the previous taste, but may obscure the following ones. Unless they're wasabi.

Erin said...

I think water's a good idea, as it has little/no taste. But the idea of a salty snack is interesting - my vote for that would go to Triscuits.

Anonymous said...

Wheat thins or saltines, and then water.