Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Rest in Peace, Van Winkle

I overslept last night. Luckily I didn’t sleep in, which goes poorly when you have to do presentations at 5 AM. No, I didn’t sleep in, I . . . slept out? I accidentally went to be early. Which, to be accurate, I do a lot. When you study in bed, accidents are bound to happen. And not those kind. The falling asleep kind. So in a number I just made up, I probably sleep out a good third of the time, but normally only 15 minutes or so.

Last night I leaned back on my bed at 6, shortly after returning home from work. I woke up at 4 AM. That’s right, 10 hours of sleep. 2 hours more than is recommended by doctors like myself. 4 more than I typically average. And I have to tell you, it was awesome. Sure I didn’t go to FHE or eat dinner or study or watch True Blood or shower or turn off the lights. But I slept for TEN HOURS. Point Chris.

No comments: