Saturday, July 11, 2009

If I had a million dollars

I probably wouldn't buy you a fur coat. I'd travel. To the following places, in the following order.

1. Japan – is there anything about the Japanese I don’t like? Yes. Sumo thongs. But otherwise it’s the perfect place.
2. Denmark – perhaps I should be flogged for not having it #1, but technically I’ve been there already.
3. UK – kind of a cheat to get Scotland and Ireland along with Britland, but I’m sneaky like that.
4. Australia – even before my fascination with the UK and Japan, I was an Aussiephile. Don’t know why. Paul Hogan?
5. Cambodia – for my money, and hence my million dollars, Angkor Wat are the coolest ruins in the world.
6. Iceland – I hear every tourist is guaranteed a party with Bjork, Sigur Ros and Emiliana Torrini.
7. Italy – those 4 years of Latin need to be put to use some time.
8. New Zealand – the evil Australia. Bret and Jemaine are sure to let me stay on their couch.
9. Brazil – people often think I’m Brazilian, so I might as well visit.
10. Czech Republic – I really just want to go to Prague. But I imagine there are other cool places.
11. Portugal – no good reason. It seems like the Indie to Spain’s Rock.
12. Sweden/Norway – lesser Scandinavia to be sure, but I want to see more fjords.
13. Peru – The only Spanish speaking nation on my list. Just saying.
14. Switzerland – my favorite kind of cheese.
15. Alaska – I am in fact aware that it isn’t a nation. Though they might not be.
16. Thailand – perhaps my favorite type of food. Excluding the nation of Apple Crisp.
17. Madagascar – chameleons.
18. Philippines – I would like to feel tall at some point in my life.
19. Egypt – evidently they have all this old stuff you can look at.
20. Germany – sweet castles. And I should be able to make some money as a designated driver at Oktoberfest.


Only not dancing

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good list. I hope you can afford to take me with you.

Amy-Alisa said...

You get mistaken as Brazilian? My friend went to Prague last year and said it was very anti-American. Not that that will bother you, just don't be surprised if you get chased out of a few gift shops.

Ranteumptom said...

A lot of my reasons aren't terribly accurate.