Monday, June 19, 2006

Working Stiff

It had to happen eventually: today was my first day of work.  Driving into work I thought to myself that I should just go immediately to Columbus and acquaint myself with all the local customs before the school year begins.  Wouldn’t this be a better use of my time?  Sadly the more rational side of my mind knows that it wouldn’t be.

As a temp my job is basically to learn jobs quickly.  You don’t really have to master the job, but you need to be able to do most everything within a day or two.  Luckily I’m pretty good at this.  I may not get the fine details right immediately, but I pick up 80% after a try or two.  So my first day at the job went pretty well.  Of course I wasn’t learning most of the job, but relearning it since I held the same position for nearly two months last summer.  Enough has changed at the pharmacy (computer programs, procedures etc) to keep me on my toes, but I was able to stay busy for 8 hours with no supervision and only a couple questions.

Here’s hoping that tomorrow likewise brings no overdoses or lawsuits.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently you are working so hard you cannot find the time to let us in on the secret world of pharmaceuticals. We are waiting patiently for your report.