Friday, February 13, 2009

Another post to lose me friends

Did you watch the Superbowl? Yeah, me neither. But I did watch this Transformers commercial they aired:

Did I see that right?

And it was pretty sad how happy it made me.

The first Transformers movie was pretty good, though certainly not great. Not great like the animated one, which was awesome in most every way. Seriously, Eric Idle, Leonard Nimoy, Orson Welles, robots swearing, and that sweet sweet 80s soundtrack. Watch this clip and be amazed. You'll probably want to stop watching at 3:30 or you might start crying.

Transformers: the REAL movie

Yeah, you probably weren't actually too impressed. But it was awesome when I was 4, and thanks to the power of nostalgia it gets to stay that way.

Anyway, the two clips have something in common.

1. Optimus getting his rear handed to him.
2. DEVASTATOR

Blink and you'll miss him, despite being several stories tall. He's at the very beginning of the animated clip and the end of the Michael Bay version.

Devastator taught me the power of teamwork. He taught me the word gestalt. He taught me to love green and purple. And I hope he crushes Shia LaBeouf.



No comments: