Thursday, September 03, 2009

Officially Creepy

You know you’re getting old when a stake representative asks for you by name to create a haunted house for the Halloween activity. My roommate and I are the creepiest people in the stake. We are the creepy old men.

Well, I may as well give them what they want.

However, I’m a bit at a loss. The scariest houses/alleys/corn mazes I’ve been too rely on gore and satanic imagery to creep out patrons, mixed with workers startling people. I don’t think I can use much gore or diabolic elements, and I’m not going to have an army of startlers. So internet, I need your help. Apart from having my roommate and myself asking girls for dates, how else can we make our house scary? (This is for YSAs, not kiddies btw. Even I draw the line somewhere.)

3 comments:

Nick said...

You might ask your cousin Alec about this. I think he was in charge of putting together a YSA spook house at the Institute in Berkeley a year ago, and he felt that it went pretty well. Of course, what plays well in Berkeley might not be as well received in the heartland.

peetie said...

Please. Neither of us have ever had any regard for lines, and you know it.

Amy-Alisa said...

Maybe he figured you would have access to lab coats and other hospital-creepy paraphernalia?