Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Zombies and Angels and Vampires, oh my

Overheard at Redbox

6 Year Old: Let's get this one.
Father: There's no way you can watch Halloween 2. (Pauses for a second.) Let's get Zombieland.

Father of the year.

On a somewhat related note, I went on a bad movie splurge this weekend.

Legion - not good. The spiritual warfare thing has been done way better, most recently in Constantine. I had no problem with it not making sense, I just had a problem with it being mostly boring.

Daybreakers - pretty good. I'm biased, because vampire movies are awesome, but this is a pretty good one. It just shows that you can take an old formula and put some new twists on it. This movie concocts a world where vampires are the majority and humans an endangered species. It's got some pleasant twists. Or unpleasant really, but creative and fun.

4 comments:

anna. said...

dude. if abigail breslin is in it, you know it must be fine for kids to watch.

Ranteumptom said...

I'm not ashamed to say that Zombieland was one of my top movies of last year. I just find this father's cavalier attitude amusing.

Michelle! said...

After watching Legion I was scared of old ladies for at least a week.

Ranteumptom said...

You were already scared of old ladies. Or was it just of becoming an old lady?