Sunday, November 02, 2008

Plants and Beasties

On Thursday I saw the Beastie Boys, which was awesome. It was a Rock the Vote concert, which meant it was an Obama rally, but that was a small price to pay. Well that and the 35 dollars. And having to listen to Sheryl Crow.

Sheryl actually did a good job, apart from a fifteen minute rendition of A Change Will Do You Good. That woman hates oil, let me tell ya. Ben Harper was a little disappointing. He did a good job, he just didn't play any of his songs that I really like. Ben Stiller and one of the Robert Kennedy's son showed up pretty randomly.

The Beasties were great. It was pretty much a greatest hits playlist, which was fine by me. It's kind of funny to watch 3 middle age guys rapping, but they really got the house rocking.

Here's some pictures

Also included in that picture set is a trip I took to the Franklin Park Conservatory on Friday. Hands down the best conservatory I've ever visited. It was actually a pretty sweet museum. Ohioans take note.

No comments: