Sunday, November 23, 2008

Back in the day . . . 2005

Amy's comment last post reminded me of my yuletide tradition of the ChrisMix. Post haste I began working on this year's mix, which won't be ready for another couple weeks. But in an effort to not study acute coronary syndrome, and to provide a soundtrack for my trip to Pittsburgh, I decided to look back, all the way to the year 2005.

I started making ChrisMix in 2006, so it took some sophisticated scientific manipulation to formulate ChrisMix 2005. I had to dig out my old laptop to see what songs I downloaded in 2005. Then I sorted them by playcount, cut out multiple songs by the same artist and snipped various outliers. And since I don't have to put it on a CD, here are the top 35 songs of 2005. For the first time ever you can purchase ChrisMix 2005 on iTunes. They didn't have all the songs, but most of them can be found here: iTunes does my bidding

And without further ado:

ChrisMix 2005
1. These Colors Red - Nathan Duprey
2. Wise Up - Aimee Mann
3. I Changed My Mind - Quannum
4. Show Me Your Heart - Need New Body
5. Catch My Disease - Ben Lee
6. 27 Jennifers - Mike Doughty
7. Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, Pt 1 - Flaming Lips
8. Haven't Tried It - Piebald
9. Birthday Song - Spookie Daly Pride
10. CHerry Lips (Go Baby Go) - Garbage
11. Hazel Eyes - The Darkness
12. Gay Bar - Electric Six
13. Twisted Transistor - Korn
14. Chasing My Shadow - James Wolfe
15. Space Ho's - Dangerdoom
16. Call Call - The Faint
17. Blow It Out - The Features
18. I Predict a Riot - Kaiser Chiefs
19. The Future Freaks Me Out - Motion City Soundtrack
20. Fit But You Know It - The Streets
21. Bleed Like Me - Garbage (I cheated, 2 Garbage songs, but very different, and from different albums)
22. One Evening - Feist
23. Daft Punk is Playing at My House - LCD Soundsystem
24. Blue Orchid - The White Stripes
25. Tech Romance - Her Space Holiday
26. The Influence - Jurassic Five
27. Goodnight and Go - Imogen Heap
28. Kiss Me - Shelly Fairchild
29. Extraordinary Machine - Fiona Apple
30. Running Up That Hill - Placebo
31. Jellybones - The Unicorns
32. Never Grow Old - The Cranberries
33. Such Great Heights - Iron and Wine
34. Get Over It - OK GO
35. Feel Good Inc - Gorillaz

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh man! I want it but I don't have i-tunes.

Valerie. said...

:) i really like a lot of those songs (impressed with some of them) good work chris.