Monday, April 23, 2012

Not Ready for Prime Time

I'm sad to say that my 4 year streak of doing Flight of the Conchord songs at talent shows has ended. If I get my act together I may do one just for youtube in the next little bit, but my act is so rarely together. The downfall this year was that I got called to be the Activities chair shortly before the performance, making it problematic at best for me to perform in the show as I would be planning and judging it. But in the end this probably worked out for the best because I was able to do what I do best. My acting is terrible, my directing uninspired, but I can write a good sketch. So rather than expose people to the acting, I stuck with just the ideas. In this case, devising horrible talents to show to accentuate the actual talents on display during the show.

No comments: