Tuesday, March 06, 2007

The Wiles of BK

Burger King tricked me once again! They recently started a breakfast dollar menu, featuring none other than their famous French toast sticks.

French Toast sticks are manna to my taste. Except they are even better than manna because I could eat them every day and never get tired of them. Whether due to their inherent superiority, or more likely because they were the first kind I ever had, they have become the standard against which all others are measured. KFC coleslaw holds the same spot as my favorite of all coleslaws. I realize that the fact that I love both coleslaw and French toast sticks makes me white trash, and this is only furthered by the fact that I prefer the fastfood versions. In any case, I was very excited to pay a dollar for these delectable treats.

You only get 3 sticks! I didn’t really believe that I could have my six sticks for a dollar, but I was hoping for 4 or 5. But 3 hardly seems the effort of opening the fake syrup. I ended up buying 2 orders, which isn’t terribly unreasonable (financially at least) because you can’t really buy a fastfood meal for a dollar. Two dollars will hold me over for 6-8 hours, so I made due with my 6 sticks. But I’m not going to get up early to go to BK before class again anytime soon.

No comments: